Why we collect information
We collect information to allow us to provide you with the services we offer to people with dementia and their carers, and to inform you about any parties, outings and events that we would like to invite you to. We collect information on staff and volunteers to ensure that the people who work in the day centre and join our trustees are suitable for their role and we are able to contact them when necessary.
How we collect information
We collect information on people who express an interest in using our services or joining our staff and volunteer team. This information is kept on paper only, and will be stored securely. We only collect information from the people themselves and never from third parties.
We use this information to
- Store your DDG assessment documents and care plan
- Invite you to any of our activities, members meetings
- When you volunteer or work with us, your contact details and all personal information remain stored with us.
Our website is intended as an information hub. We do not collect personal information which you may not wish to be shared.
What personal data we hold and when we use it
- Your name and your title
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Photographs where consent has been given
- Information on health conditions
- Likes/dislikes and interests
We will use your data to:
- Provide you with information e.g. newsletters, project updates, members meetings
- Contact carers about the person they care for when necessary
We will contact you by email or text only if you request this. You can opt out from receiving our communications at any time by contacting us
We do not ask for nor keep any information about children.
How we keep your data safe and who has access to it
- We do not sell or share personal details with third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- We are committed to ensuring that there are appropriate controls in place to protect your contact details.
Corrections to your information
- You have the right to obtain details of the information that we hold about you.
- We make sure your contact details are accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your details change.
- If you are unhappy with the way we handle your data please contact us.
- You can ask us to erase your data unless we need to keep this for safeguarding or insurance purposes
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you wish to access this information, please contact us
- Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns about the way your data is being kept
- You are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s office, and for further information https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information
We keep your data for as long as there is a need to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected.
We have been advised that for liability insurance and safeguarding reasons, information needs to be kept for 7 years
You can contact us at Lightwood House, Lightwood Lane, Sheffield S88BG, firstname.lastname@example.org, or ring on 01142262116